- This panel of buttons is located at the bottom of most wiki pages.
- Some pages display a limited number of buttons and others like the Home page, only show the similar button. This indicates that the page is locked and is not available for editing.
Improve an existing page
- Click on the edit button.
- This takes you to a screen containing the marked-up text.
- Scroll through the text to find the section you want to edit. This is often more difficult than you imagine, as the styling clues are no longer visible.
- Click on Quicktags to quickly format text. Use the wiki help button for more help with formatting.
- When you are feeling really adventurous, have a look at WikiSyntax for more formatting options.
- You can look at your changes before saving, by clicking preview.
Start a wiki page
- In the Quick edit a wiki page located towards the bottom of the left menu, enter the name of your new page and then click edit.
- Format text using Quicktags or wiki help and then click save.
- To find the page again, use Search in the left hand menu.
- To create a link to your page go to the appropriate Contents page and click edit. Scroll to where you want the link to appear, then enter the name of your new page in double brackets e.g. ((My New Page)). Click save.
TOP OF PAGE
Try out the Sandbox. This is a wiki page that has been set up so that people can try things out. No versions of the page are saved. You can also get to this page via the menus. Go to Wiki then Sandbox.
Have a look at the improve or create a page and the FAQ pages from knowledgeGarden.
Have a look at the presentation and writing guidelines page from knowledgeGarden.
Create a UserPage
See Start to create your UserPage on this site's Set up account page.
Make a comment
- Click the add comment button located in the panel of buttons at the bottom of the page.
- Type your comment in the Post new comment window.
- Remember to add a meaningful title in the Title field.
- Click Post.
- If others have already added comments to the page, the add comments button will have changed. It will be yellow and titled comments preceded by the number.
- If comments are not already visible, click on the comments button. Click on it again if you want to close the comments section.
Look at page history
Click the history button located in the panel of buttons at the bottom of the page. This function allows you to see a compete list of all changes to the page. It shows:
- how a page has changed by allowing you to compare versions
- who changed the page
- when the changes were made.